Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Getting ready to go...

I'm preparing to leave but I am sick :-( so I am mostly resting and doing research online. Please pray that it goes away quickly. I have been researching open fire cooking and the incidence of burns, especially in children. I will be looking at this when I am in Samoa. I will be working with the YWAM base as they are preparing to build biogas systems for poor families which will allow them to use waste as fuel, including for cooking. This will reduce the reliance on open fire cooking and the safety issues that are related to that, such as burns. If you want to know more about biogas you can check out some basics at http://www.hedon.info/cat14&deep=on. Please also pray that the Lord will provide rest of the funds soon, I leave on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment