Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I am leaving 1 month early!

Long story short, because of some scheduling changes for my contacts in Samoa I am now leaving in 1 1/2 weeks and I just got my tickets last night. I would really appreciate your prayers as the Lord is showing me how to surrender every ounce of control to Him.

Please pray:
-That the Lord gives my husband Rodmy and me peace that surpasses all understanding. In being apart sooner than we thought, in coming up with the funds I need a month early, in trusting that everything will get done that needs to be done.
-I am also doing an independent study for my masters degree while I am there- please pray that my research proposal is approved by the Institutional Review Board in the next few days.
-For clear communication through cultural barriers. That things will happen in a relatively timely manner but that I will be patient and flexible.
-For the changes in what I am going to be doing while I am going to be there. I will be working with YWAM on their biogas project which helps poor families use waste to make fertilizer and fuel for electricity, cooking, etc. (Big benefits being improved quality of life and improved sanitation and health).
-For my health- that I will not have problems with asthma, migraines or back pain (or tropical illnesses!).
-That traveling will go quickly and safely. (Flying St. Louis to LA to Fiji to Samoa).

My trip will be May 22-June 25. I will update as much as I can while I am there. Thank you so much for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment