Friday, June 29, 2012

Clinics

Yesterday I got to hold babies. I was assisting at a clinc that the Project HOPE phycisian, Dr. Melba, runs twice a week in a clinic that the government could not staff. I did heights and weights for the patients as they were being seen by Dr. Melba. I got to hold the babies while I weighed their mothers. I also helped in the pharmacy, since I'm a pro now :-). The day before, we ran a clinic out of someone's house in the new community that Project HOPE is building houses in. A family has offered their house for clinic once a week. While seeing patients, Dr. Melba also teaches as the opportunity arises. A mother came in with her baby and Dr. Melba explained that he could get tangled in the necklace that he had on and choke. The mother removed the necklace before she left. I enjoy going to the clinics, because for many people this is the only access to healthcare that they have.
Dr. Melba teaching in the Xiloa clinic

No comments:

Post a Comment